Hen Parties - £30 per person
Come and celebrate your hen party in our cosy cafe. Get inspired, be creative, have a good gossip and enjoy our delicious afternoon tea.
In 3 hours you will have lots of fun, be surrounded by pretty trims, drink lots of tea and leave with either your own craft item or contribute towards a beautiful memorable keepsake for your hen.
The following activities are available for you to choose from;
- Make your own knickers – Learn how to make a beautiful pair of knickers. Using our pre-cut pattern ranging from size 8-18 you will cut out your fabric, insert a gusset, attach an elastic lace, sew your panels together and finish with bows or roses for decoration.
- Patchwork Quilt – Each guest will decorate a panel of fabric using machine appliqué, hand embroidery or embellish with buttons, ribbons and trims to a theme of your choice. The panels are then left behind for us to sew together to make a patchwork quilt for your hen to treasure and remember her special party.
- Appliqué cushion cover – Design, decorate and sew your own 40cm x 40cm (16”x 16”) cushion cover. Using machine appliqué, hand embroidery and embellishments to make this pretty cover that will brighten up any room or be a lovely unique gift to give to someone special. Templates are available for inspiration or if you have a theme in mind please let us know.
- PJ shorts - Learn to make your own stylish PJ shorts. Using a pre-cut template ranging from extra small to large each guest will cut out their pattern, insert a casing with elastic and sew their own pair of lovley shorts. Bows and trims can also be added as finishing touches to make them unique to you.
- Patchwork table runner – Similar to our patchwork quilt party, each guest will decorate a panel of fabric using machine appliqué, hand embroidery or embellish with buttons, ribbons and trims to a theme of your choice. The panels are then left behind for us to sew them together to make a patchwork table runner for your hen to use on her wedding day and keep as a memorable gift.
- Wedding Bunting - Get your guests involved in decorating the reception venue with handmade bunting in your chosen colour scheme. Each guest will make up to 3m of double sided bunting. Guests who have more sewing machine experience can make their bunting even more personal by appliqueing the bride and groom's name or wedding date onto their triangles.
Please note one activity per party, each guest will make the same product.
Throughout the party you will be served a selection of hot and cold drinks followed by our traditional afternoon tea served on china crockery.
A scrumptious spread of handmade sandwiches including;
Yorkshire ham, lettuce and tomato
Tuna mayonnaise and cucumber
Smoked Salmon and cream cheese
Cheddar cheese and tomato
To follow a selection of fruit and plain scones served with butter, clotted cream and preserve, cream cakes and tray bakes.
Please inform us of any dietary requirements on booking. We can cater for gluten free and vegetarian diets.
To make the party extra special a glass of fizz is provided to celebrate what you have achieved.
Feel free to bring your own cake, drinks, party bags, games or cd's to make your party unique to you and your guests.
A little gift – Each guest will work together to decorate a beautiful lace garter, adding bows, buttons, roses and trims for the bride to be. A personal gift to wear on her wedding day!
We require a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 adults per party, however if you require larger numbers please get in touch for details.
Parties are available daily between 12pm and 8pm.
To book please phone Caroline on 01423 522229, email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply pop into the cafe. A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, and the remaining balanced to be paid on the day of your party. Payment can be taken over the phone or in the cafe.